All Members Community

View Only
  • 1.  2023 Annual Meeting Hotel

Posted 01-25-2023 14:43
    Hi all,

Is anyone else having issues booking for the last night in the Sheraton? 

I was told by the Sheraton:
    "We have limited availability in the hotel block at the Sheraton Boston hotel on Wednesday, May 10. We are working on securing another block at a nearby hotel. This process will likely take a couple of weeks. I will be in touch once we have secured Wednesday night rooms."

In order to stay at the Sheraton the whole time, I had to book the first 4 nights at the group rate ($259) and then the last night at the retail rate ($500!!!). They are both at the Sheraton and they confirmed I would not have to change rooms.

Thankfully my work will cover it, but I know that can hurt some budgets and honestly who wants to go to a new hotel for the last night just to keep the group rate? 

Anyone else having issues? Anyone have any thoughts?

------------------------------
    Molly Zeller
    Lab Manager
    University of Wisconsin Biotechnology Center
    Madison WI
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: 2023 Annual Meeting Hotel

Posted 01-26-2023 08:09
    Good morning,

I was waiting to register for the meeting and make hotel reservations until the Pre-Meeting Workshops were announced as that will determine when I will arrive in Boston.  It would seem that I waited too long.  I will try to book the hotel today, but it would seem that odds are against me.  Is there another hotel close by?

Thank you for the note
    Chris

Christine A Brantner, Ph.D.
    Research Associate Professor, Dept of Oncology and Diagnostic Sciences, SOD
    Associate Professor, Dept of Microbiology and Immunology, SOM
    Director, Electron Microscopy Core Imaging Facility
    School of Dentistry / School of Medicine
    University of Maryland Baltimore
    660 West Redwood St.
    Howard Hall, room 696
    Baltimore MD 21201
    410-706-7992 O/301-312-2521 Cell

Support the Cores that Support Your Research.  Acknowledge the Cores in Publications.
    "University of Maryland School of Medicine's and School of Dentistry's Electron Microscopy Core Imaging Facility – Baltimore, Maryland."

• 3.  RE: 2023 Annual Meeting Hotel

Posted 01-26-2023 09:17

Hello Molly,

As you included in your message, we are working on adding more rooms for Wednesday evening at the Sheraton, along with identifying another option nearby....as soon as those plans are finalized, we will update the web site and notify all members.

Thank you for your understanding.

Ken

Ken Schoppmann, CAE
    Executive Director

ABRF
    201 E Main Street, Suite 810

Lexington, KY 
    ken.schoppmann@abrf.org
    859-514-9835

abrf.org