All Members Community

View Only

Help making sense of my data, please!!

• 1.  Help making sense of my data, please!!

Posted 12-01-2023 12:50

Hello ABRF Community,

Can you recommend someone who could help me make sense of our data? The only response I got from the purdue list was Biolegend.

A user got IRB approval to analyze the cell pellets from spinal taps of neurodegenerative-diseased patients over five years (healthy controls were also included).  There are generally ~1000 cells per 20 mL CSF sample.   Because our samples are always going to be very low counts, I ordered VeriCells to use as my control for batch issues (again...over five years) and to set FMOs for CD25, CD45RA, CD27, and CD127.  Over the course of one lot of VeriCells (B364655), we ran 11 separate days. Parent populations (CD3+, CD3+CD4+, CD3+CD8+, and CD19+) have CVs ranging from 4.93 to 12.8.  But the populations of interest (CD25+CD127lo, CD27+, CD45RA+ for both CD4+ and CD8+ populations) have CVs as low as 12.5, but most are ~100.  Two are as high as 180.  This variability in one lot of VeriCells is making it hard for us to have confidence when looking at our CSF samples. Any help you can offer I would appreciate. The user is losing confidence in our gating ability, and I just don't know what to tell her.

Feeling frantic in Phoenix,

Sara

------------------------------
    Sara Bowen
    Program Manager
    Barrow Neurological Institute
    Phoenix AZ
    ------------------------------