All Members Community

View Only
  • 1.  Sorters

Posted 03-19-2024 10:40

Any recommendations on best sorters upstream of single-cell/nuclei seq? Looking for something gentle on the cells and user friendly for walk-up access. Thanks!

------------------------------
    Karen Abramson
    Assistant Director
    Molecular Genomics Core
    Duke University Medical Center
    Durham NC

• 2.  RE: Sorters

Posted 03-20-2024 08:13

Any restrictions for budget, color number, plate sorting vs tube sorting, sample types it needs to be able to handle? Are you expecting to need to sort rare-ish events or just cleaning up the dead stuff? What kind of support are you willing to give for it or can you come to an agreement with one of your flow cores to help?

I know, so many questions! :)

Rachael Sheridan
    Van Andel Institute
    Grand Rapids MI

• 3.  RE: Sorters

Posted 03-20-2024 09:40

For my core it would mainly be used to remove dead cells and clean up debris in nuclei preps.  But, to cover the service agreement I would need to open it up for walk up access, and it to make it attractive to other users, it would need to be able to do more than that.  As I'm sure you can tell, I have zero experience with sorters, so the easier the better.  That's a good question about the flow cores.  Since we would own it, and do all the billing for it, I'm not sure about their willingness to assist but I can certainly ask.

Karen Abramson
    Assistant Director
    Duke University Medical Center
    Durham NC