All Members Community

View Only

Wellness Opportunities at the Annual Meeting

• 1.  Wellness Opportunities at the Annual Meeting

Posted 29 days ago

Ever go to a meeting and think, "I've learned so much today.  My brain just needs a break?"  Me too!  This year's program committee in conjunction with the ABRF DEIB Council is excited to announce there will be multiple opportunities to take that break.  Here are just some of the wellness options this year:

• Wellness Lounge, open all day Monday-Wednesday: Greenway Promenade, 2nd floor
    • Quiet Room, open all meeting: Hiawatha, 2nd floor
    • Caregiving/Nursing Mother's Room: Room in Hiawatha, 2nd floor See registration desk for key to this room

Scheduled Programming:

• Monday - Wednesday mornings 6:30 am – 7:30 am: Walking/Running Groups, meet in the Hyatt Regency Lobby
    • Therapy Dogs, Tuesday, April 23, 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm, Wellness Lounge, 2nd floor
    • Chair Massages, Wednesday, April 24, 11:00 am – 2:00 pm, Hyatt Exhibit Hall

Excited about walking/running with others at the meeting? Reach out to Roxann Ashworth (rashwor2@jhmi.edu) if you are willing to lead a run or a walk.  We will have some potential routes mapped out for you--you will just be there to provide the nucleus for the group.

Wellness Focused Concurrent Session:

April 23 3:00 PM Lakeshore B/C

"Wellness Networking: Connecting Scientists for Balanced Living"

In the fast-paced world of scientific research, maintaining personal wellness can often be a challenge. This session aims to bridge the gap between scientific excellence and personal well-being by providing a platform for scientists to connect, share experiences, and explore strategies for achieving balance in their lives.  Participants will have the opportunity to connect with like-minded individuals who share their wellness goals.

Join us to cultivate a supportive community and discover practical tips for nurturing both professional success and personal wellness.

We can't wait to see everyone in Minneapolis!

------------------------------
    Roxann Ashworth
    Laboratory Director
    Johns Hopkins University
    Baltimore MD
    ------------------------------